Activities/Main activities of JADS
- Journal of the Japanese Association for Dental Science (Published annually; online Journal)
Sent to members of the Japan Dental Association and those of JADS specialized organizations
- The Japanese Dental Science Review (Published four times a year; Online Journal)
- Japanese Association for Dental Science President's Award
The award was founded in 1991. Seven or fewer candidates are selected based on recommendations from JADS specialized organizations, dental universities (faculty of dentistry), and/or the Japan Dental Association (Recommendations must be received by July 31 each year) and discussions in the awarding committee. After receiving a report to the effect that the candidates have been selected from the above committee, the Board of Executive Directors and the Board of Directors consult to decide the award winner. The awarding ceremony is held on the occasion of the meeting of the Board of Trustees.
Funding and encouragement of researches
- Sponsored research (Founded in 2009; 3 projects annually)
- Encouraged research (Founded in 1985)
Academic Terms Glossary (dental terms)
We are conducting preparatory work for the revision based on the accumulated data. The currently-published version of glossary and supplements are being organized to make the necessary deletions, corrections, and additions. We will file an application with the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology for the publication of a revised glossary.
Issues concerning dental care
From the viewpoint of preventing any confusion in clinical situations, we discuss relevant matters to address issues concerning dental practice.
System of certified dentists/dental specialists
It has become possible for medical specialists to make advertisements based on the deregulation of advertisement in 2002. We are currently discussing how dental specialists in dental societies and associations (specialized organizations) should be, etc.
- Qualification names, etc. concerning the medical and dental specialists allowed to advertise (dentistry)
- General incorporated association: Japanese Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (November 19, 2003)
- Specified nonprofit corporation: Japanese Society of Periodontology (October 5, 2004)
- General incorporated association: Japanese Society of Pediatric Dentistry (March 24, 2006)
- General incorporated association: Japanese Dental Society of Anesthesiology (March 24, 2006)
- General incorporated association: Japanese Society for Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology (March 17, 2010)